Thursday, March 20, 2014

March 20


You wrote a current events quiz today at the start of class, and then you settled into the computer lab to work on your IAs. Please remember that I'll be taking in your Part A and C of your IA on Friday, April 4th, so the Spring Break would be a great time to get some research/reading and work completed on it. You will be writing a Paper 1 on the American Revolution on April 1st, which means I'll teach you how to write a Paper 1 on March 31st when you get back from the Spring Break. You are also writing an American Revolution Quiz on Wednesday, April 2nd.

I started a PowerPoint lecture on "Historical Globalization and Imperialism". I didn't try to finish it all in one day because I gave you time to work on your Chapter 7 Key Terms and Questions (they are due on April 1st). When we get back from Spring Break, I will post the study guide for the Chapter 7 Test (it's on April 7th).

I finished off the U.S. Civil Rights Movement PowerPoint lecture today, you can find an electronic version of this presentation on the IB 30/35 wiki under the Civil Rights Movement section. Your U.S. Civil Rights Movement Assignment is due on April 4th. Over the course of the Spring Break, I would recommend that you review the following two topics: Prescribed Subject 1-Peacemaking, Peacekeeping and International Relations (1918-1936) AND for your Paper 2: Authoritarian and Single-Party States. Good luck!

No comments: