We started our examination of the Cold War today. I started a lecture called "The Origins of the Cold War", which I will hopefully be able to finish off tomorrow. I stopped lecturing at the Potsdam Conference. You had about 30-35 minutes to work on your Chapter 7 Key Terms and Questions, which are due on Thursday, November 6th. Your next exam in class will be on November 17th covering the Cold War.
IB 20 HOTA
You wrote a WRA I today on the influence of the Enlightenment on the French Revolution. Please remember that your Unit 5 Test on the French Revolution and Napoleonic Age is on Monday, November 3rd, you can find the study guide for this exam below.
Unit 5 (French Revolution and Napoleonic Age) Test Study Guide:
- know the causes of the French Revolution (short term, long term, economic, political, social, intellectual)
- know the structure of French society during the Old Regime
- know Napoleon's domestic policy
- know Napoleon's foreign policy (Continental System in particular)
- know key battles in the Napoleonic Wars (results of the Battle of Trafalgar, Russian campaign, the Battle of Leipzig, and the Battle of Waterloo)
- know chronology of key events in the French Revolution
- know the chronology of key events in the Napoleonic Age
- know the key players at the Congress of Vienna (country and representatives)
- what were the major decisions of the Congress? what were the guiding principles at the Congress of Vienna
- know the 19th century political spectrum (please see the graphic below; values and characteristics of the various positions on the spectrum; what groups are represented on the various positions on the spectrum?; what phases/accomplishments of the French Revolution are represented on the spectrum?)