Monday, February 04, 2013

February 4

Most of today's class was split between two tasks: preparing for tomorrow's debate on the decision to use atomic weapons at the end of WWII, and TOK Group Presentations. We'll have the debate in tomorrow's class, and if there's time available then you will get some more TOK group time.
We started looking at course content with me going through a PowerPoint lecture called "Introducing Government", which introduced the ideas of Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau. I have sent this PowerPoint presentation to you already, so let me know if you didn't receive it. I also taught you some mnemonic devices to help you remember the principles of collectivism and the principles of individualism. The Chapter 1 Key Terms and Questions will be due on Wednesday.
I gave you the organizational web for the entire course today, and I talked briefly about key questions, themes and concepts for each unit. I then started a PowerPoint lecture called "Nation and Identity". We will finish this lecture off tomorrow, and then I will send the PowerPoint presentation to you. Please make sure that you have read all of Chapter 1 prior to tomorrow's class.

No comments: