Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15

You wrote your Civil Rights Movement Test for part of the period today. I then delivered a PowerPoint lecture on "LBJ and the Great Society". This presentation should already be on the wiki under American Presidents. Hopefully, you'll finish off this lecture tomorrow. Please remember that for April 16th to 18th that I'll be in Toronto for SOMA, so you need to go directly to Room 121 for class. You're writing a Paper 3 on Thursday. I also returned homework to you.
We watched a couple of videos from the BBC 20th Century History series today. One was called "The Road to Berlin" and the other "Cold War Confrontations". I also covered the Korean War today as best I could. I gave you the Korean War notes today that went along with the PowerPoint.
We finished watching "White Light/Black Rain" today. You should have completed the film study sheet that went along with the video. I'm including some links here to the CBC Digital Archive on the Hiroshima Maiden Project. If you have some time, you might want to check out these stories.

No comments: