Wednesday, March 05, 2014

March 5


I did a homework check on your Chapter 5 Key Terms and Questions today. You wrote your Chapter 3-4 Test today, which took most of the period. I've decided to move the Unit 1 WRA I to Friday, so I can teach you a little bit more about structure and style for a WRA I tomorrow. Please remember that you have your Unit 1 Final Exam on Tuesday, March 11th. Please see the study guide below.

  • globalization
  • pluralistic society
  • transnationals
  • society
  • “the global village”
  • United Nations
  • G-8
  • La Francophonie
  • NATO
  • individual identity
  • collective identity
  • traditions
  • minority group
  • official bilingualism
  • universalization of pop culture
  • hybridization
  • media transnationals
  • media consolidation
  • CBC/SRC
  • Official Languages Act
  • CRTC
  • Canadian Content (CanCon)
  • homogenization
  • monoculture
  • assimilation
  • marginalization
  • accommodation
  • secularism
  • integration
  • cosmopolitan
  • acculturation
  • cultural revitalization
  • Charter of Rights and Freedoms


I continued the PowerPoint lecture on "The American Revolution" today, and we watched a little bit more from the documentary "America: The Story of Us". I also did a homework check on your History of the Americas work from last night on the Declaration of Independence and Thomas Paine's Common Sense.

We looked at another Cold War concept today, namely mutually assured destruction (MAD). We watched another video from the CNN Cold War series called "MAD (1960-1972)". Please remember that on Monday, March 10th you will be writing a Social Studies 30-1 WRA I (written response assignment I, in other words a three source analysis assignment) on the Cold War.

No comments: