Tuesday, May 16, 2017

May 16


I did a homework check on your Chapter 14 Key Terms at the beginning of class today. I gave you the essay question sheet for your Unit 3 WRA II Essay that you'll be writing on Thursday (May 18th), and then I had you split into small discussion groups to think and discuss possible arguments and evidence. As a whole class we generated a list of arguments for and against the perspective in the source, and then we started working on an essay outline. We'll continue working on our essay outline tomorrow in class. Prior to tomorrow's class, I want you to visit the Social 10-1 wiki and find some sample Unit 3 exemplar essays to read over. This will help review the organization and structure of a WRA II, and it will also give you some more ideas of potential argumentation and evidence.
One week from today (May 23rd), you will be writing your Unit 3 Final Exam, please see the study guide below.


Please make sure that you have read Chapters 10-14. Please make sure that you have the following PowerPoint presentations, and that you study from them:

  • "Foundations of Economic Globalization"
  • "The Expansion of Economic Globalization"
  • "Challenges and Opportunities of Economic Globalization"
  • "The Impact of Economic Globalization on Environments"
  • "Globalization and Sustainability"
Make sure that you have reviewed the Key Terms from Unit 3 (all the terms listed on the Unit 3 Worksheet, plus the extra key terms that appeared in the PowerPoint presentations). The Unit 3 Final Exam will consist of 50-60 multiple choice questions.




You got the results back for the Unit 2 Final Exam that you wrote yesterday. I also talked to you about recommendations for next year, and whether or not to take Social 30-1 or 30-2. If your final mark in the course is between 50% to 65% I will recommend you take Social 30-2.



I gave you the remainder of class time to work on your Chapter 10 Key Terms and Questions, these are due on Thursday. Tomorrow, we'll be talking about Canadian foreign policy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Gilchrist,

I can't find the Position Paper Outline we created on the Wiki. I am in your period 4 class for Social 10-1. I checked the Student Writing Samples page, but could not find it.

Thanks!

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Please check again, I think that I have fixed it. I shared the page, it's the "Student Writing Sample" page with everyone. Please check the wiki again.