Both classes were able to finish watching "The Corporation" today in class, and then move on to talking about the TNC Dossier Assignment. This assignment is due on December 6th (two weeks from today). I'll hopefully be able to show you some sample dossiers tomorrow. If you missed class today, please make sure that you pick up the assignment sheet from me tomorrow, and pick a TNC to profile. One week from today, you'll be writing the Chapter 10-11 Test, you can find the study guide below.
Social 10-1 Chapter 10-11 Test Study Guide:
Please make sure that you review Chapters 10 and 11. Please review your answers to questions/activities from your Unit 3 worksheet, as well as the key terms (from Chapter 10-11 and from the PowerPoint presentations). This test is on Wednesday, November 29th.
Please review the following two PowerPoint presentations:
- "Foundations of Economic Globalization"
- "Expansion of Economic Globalization"
You should know these key terms really well:
- Bretton Woods Agreement
- international monetary system
- fixed exchange rate
- gold standard
- floating exchange rate
- World Bank
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- centrally planned economy
- free market economy
- John Maynard Keynes
- Friedrich Hayek
- Milton Friedman
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- What is economic globalization?
- How did 20th century world events shape contemporary economic globalization?
- What factors laid the foundations of contemporary global economics?
- What were the major global institutions that were created at the Bretton Woods Agreement?
- What are the major differences between the ideas of John Maynard Keynes and Friedrich Hayek?
- What factors contribute to expanding globalization?
- How do international agreements and organizations contribute to expanding globalization?
- How do transnational corporations contribute to expanding globalization?
- How do communication technologies contribute to expanding globalization?
- What are the benefits of the WTO system?
- What are some criticisms of the WTO?
IB 30/35We started Case Study 2 of Prescribed Subject 3 today. I delivered a lecture on "The Impact of Fascism on Italian Foreign Policy". Tomorrow, you'll be watching a Biography video on Benito Mussolini. You're writing your Paper 1 on Case Study 1 Japanese Expansion (1931-1941) on Friday, November 24th. This is a FULL Paper 1, and you'll have 60 minutes to write it.
The Case Study 1 Review Google Doc is due on Tuesday, November 28th. The chart will be for homework check marks. The sample Paper 1 is for marks. The two mini-essays will also be marked. Do not take extra time to write these assignments. Take 60 minutes to write the sample Paper 1. Take 30 minutes for each mini-essay, 60 minutes total.