Monday, February 24, 2020

February 24


I started a lecture today that fits into the HOTA Section 16: Cold War and the Americas topic (Paper 3) on the Truman Administration and the Cold War in the Americas. This lecture will look at relations between the USA and Latin America, and domestic developments (McCarthyism) and US foreign policy (containment). Please remember that you're writing a Paper 2 on the Origins of the Cold War this Friday.


I gave back your Unit 1 WRA I today, and went through how you could have interpreted the three sources. I also gave you notes on economics (scarcity, economic systems, economic questions, economic values). We'll continue talking about basic economics tomorrow as well. Please remember that your Chapter 3 Key Terms and Questions are due tomorrow.


You wrote your Chapter 1-2 Test today, and you handed in your Unit 1 WRA I Chart Assignment as well. I have marked the Unit 1 Infographic Assignment as well, so you can check PowerSchool for the results. I'll be giving back the mark sheets and assignments tomorrow. Please have a look at the following upcoming important dates:

  • Unit 1 WRA I is on Monday, March 2nd (one week from today)
  • Chapter 3-4 Test is on Tuesday, March 3rd

No comments: