Tuesday, January 31, 2006

January 31


Today was a day to introduce some classroom rules and expectations for the course. You received a course outline today, which outlined the major topics that will be studied in Social 10, as well as a mark breakdown, and the school's academic dishonesty policy. I have sent you an e-mail, so please check your e-mail tonight. If you haven't received the e-mail, please send me an e-mail directly so that I can make changes to the e-mail list. Also, here's the test to see if you read the blog tonight: please bring pencil crayons to class tomorrow. You have a simple homework assignment, please have ready to hand in a letter of introduction tomorrow at the beginning of class. This letter must be in "published format", either typed or written in blue or black ink. Please remember: you do NOT need to bring your textbook, Canada: A Nation Unfolding to class tomorrow.


Today was a day to introduce some classroom rules and expectations for the course. You received a course outline today, which outlined the major topics that will be studied in Social 20, as well as a mark breakdown, and the school's academic dishonesty policy. I have sent you an e-mail, so please check your e-mail tonight. If you haven't received the e-mail, please send me an e-mail directly so that I can make changes to the e-mail list. You have a simple homework assignment, please have ready to hand in a letter of introduction tomorrow at the beginning of class. This letter must be in "published format", either typed or written in blue or black ink. Please remember to bring Century of Change to class tomorrow.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the letter of introduction need to be double-spaced?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Either double spaced or single spaced is fine.

Anonymous said...

Its Yasemin from your Social 20 class . .
I havn't recieved the e-mail just yet.
To clarify, my email is x.yas.x@hotmail.com.
Thanks!

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Sometimes with Hotmail e-mail accounts, my first e-mail gets sent to a junk e-mail folder, so please check there.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure, but did you want us to send a reply to the e-mail you sent us?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Yes, please reply with a "pong".

Anonymous said...

i had roast beef for dinner

Anonymous said...

does it really have to be a page??

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Yes.

Anonymous said...

I typed a page and stopped. Really, there's too much of me to describe in one measly page. I didn't feel like continuing, as I'm rather stingy on printer ink as well, seeing how a cartridge of black cost a hundred bucks.


And roast beef for dinner, eh?


--David H

Anonymous said...

what if it's like 10 lines from the bottom written?

Anonymous said...

ya, roast beef is like the best dinner ever.

what did mr. G have for dinner?!?!!?

Anonymous said...

Heh, I think I might have a good idea who Mr. Roast Beef is.

And it's pretty easy to fill in ten lines if you're describing yourself. Don't worry.


-David H

Anonymous said...

im pretty sure i missed the point of the thing, i didnt describe myslef as much as i kind of had a conversation with myself, if that makes any sence whatsoever

Anonymous said...

you guys its just a letter...geez

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's just a simple letter, and yet my crazy-insane parents are taking it much too seriously for a first-day assignment. I seriously had to restrain myself from telling them to get a grip.


-David H

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Wow! Maybe I need to say: try your best to fill a page. You're talking about yourself, so hopefully you'd be able to fill a page. If not, don't sweat the small stuff. Go watch some "American Idol" or whatever you do to blow off some steam.

Anonymous said...

the swedish term for beef that is roasted!!

okay... i'll stop now.

i thought i was bad at singing until i watched American Idol... now i sing all the time.

Anonymous said...

oh, mr. G, do you play Halo 2?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Sory, I have a PS2, so no Halo for me. I'm signing off for the night.