Wednesday, February 01, 2006

February 1


Today I collected your letters of introduction at the beginning of the period. I then went through a presentation on European History prior to the French Revolution. This was a whirlwind tour of history. I will be sending that presentation to you through the e-mail distribution list, once it's all up and operational. This brings me to my next point: please check your e-mail (including junk folder) for a message from me that I sent out yesterday. Please respond back with "pong". If you didn't get the message, please e-mail me directly and I will add you to the list. I also had to complete a short retrieval chart comparing life of the peasantry with that of the upper classes in Europe. Please remember to finish reading Chapter 1.


At the start of class, I collected your letters of introduction. I would also like to remind you to check your junk e-mail folders for the message that I sent out yesterday. I would like everyone to respond, so that I can start sending out information via e-mail. I also gave you your first assignment that I will be collecting for marks. Everything that I handed out today in class is due on Friday. You have a political and a physical map due on Friday as well as a sheet on "Basic Canadian Geographical Information". I hope that you finish the maps tonight, so you can finish the worksheet in class tomorrow. Here are some sources to help you out tonight, just in case you don't have an atlas at home:

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

right on

Anonymous said...

lawl maps are boring. hooray for grade 11!

if you have a PS2, do you play final fantasy?

Anonymous said...

Does the map have to be in pen?

Anonymous said...

the political map doesnt have half of the places we need to find...

Anonymous said...

What do we have to put in the legend?

Anonymous said...

are St. John, and St. John different?

Anonymous said...

St. john and St. John's*

Anonymous said...

of course they are. one is in newfoundland one is in new brunswick.

Anonymous said...

where is Red River?

Anonymous said...

the red river is the lowest river in manitoba on the map, feeding out of lake winnipeg.

Anonymous said...

would you prefer us using legend on the political map?
i think i can fit them all in without using it

Anonymous said...

so......we should re-write everything with a pen after coloring the map?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. G, I was just wondering if you got an e-mail from me yet. I sent one to you because I didn't get that ping e-mail and I wanted to make sure it works.

-M.E.

Anonymous said...

what places aren't in Canada?

Anonymous said...

some of the places on the map aren't even in Canada.

Anonymous said...

Do we have to make a scale?

Anonymous said...

wow.. is the physical map hard? and when is our test anyway?

Anonymous said...

mr g can we go over the words in pen after or do we just leave it in pencil?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

To answer some questions:
Label your map in pencil. It will look better if you go over your labels in pen (black looks best).
You don't need to make a scale.
You don't need to make a legend or key, unless you've numbered some cities or lakes or something like that.
I've only had a chance to look at who's sent me e-mails tonight, too many to open up individually. I'll let you know tomorrow who I have heard from, okay?
Your geography test will be next week. Typically I give you one week's notice before a test.
Now I have a question: who keeps asking me about video games and video game systems? Just ask about that stuff before or after class, okay?

Anonymous said...

wow so much comments on the second day-_-
unlike us lol
-from Sem.1

Kevin Gilchrist said...

I'm signing off for the night.

Anonymous said...

should we follow the rivers for the names, or just write it out horizontal??

Kevin Gilchrist said...

It's okay to follow the path of the river when labelling it.