Monday, February 06, 2006

February 6


I returned your maps today in class. I also delivered a presentation today on the Regions of Canada. I will send this presentation out to you tonight. For those of you that didn't take notes on the Physiographic Regions of Canada chart during this presentation (probably because you haven't printed off the "Regionalism" PDF booklet that I sent to you), you should probably do that tonight. Please make sure that you print off the pages that you need from the PDF package that I sent to you on Saturday.


I did a brief review of Enlightenment philosophers at the beginning of class today. I just wanted to make sure that you completely understood their main ideas and philosophies and how they differed from traditional European society. Please make sure that you review these Enlightenment thinkers, because you will be having a pop quiz on them this week. Also, please remember that your document based analysis assignment on Locke and Rousseau is due tomorrow. I also did a presentation today on French society and monarchy on the eve of the French Revolution. I will be sending this presentation to you tonight. I also gave you a chart to complete on the Three Estates in France. This chart is due tomorrow as well.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was sick today, what can i do to catch up?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Please check your e-mail because I sent out the PowerPoint presentation that I delivered today. Also, please make sure that you print off the pages from the PDF document that I sent out on Saturday for tomorrow's class.

Anonymous said...

ok
-JM

Anonymous said...

By "PDF document that I sent out on Saturday," do you mean that presentation on the Renaissance/Enlightenment Thinkers?

Anonymous said...

what is on the test on friday

Kevin Gilchrist said...

The test on Friday is for Social 10 students only. It will cover Canadian Geography. It is divided into four sections: 1. Being able to identify lakes, rivers, and other bodies of water labeled on a map. 2. Capital cities 3. Identifying certain Canadian cities on a map. 4. I've selected a region of Canada, and you have to identify cities, rivers and other bodies of water in that region from a map that is provided.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

I sent out a PDF document only to my Social 10 students. If you're not in Social 10, you don't need to worry about it.

Anonymous said...

Are the maps on the climate
and physiographic regions (Part A) and the chart (part B)due tomorrow?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

No. You probably couldn't finish that because you don't have access to the atlas at home. Don't worry about it, we'll continue it tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

alright thats great thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

for the document based analysis, are we supposed to find quotes that just relate to the topic or quotes that OPPOSE to the topic? also, do you want quotes from both Rousseau AND Locke for every topic?sorry i am asking this really late

Anonymous said...

What do you think of the Harper Cabinet appointments Mr G? with Diane Ablonczy out and non-MP in?

from sem 1

Kevin Gilchrist said...

For the DBA, you need to find quotes from both Locke and Rousseau for each topic. They will relate to the other quote, and althougth they may not oppose it DIRECTLY, it will RELATE to that topic. If you remember my instructions in class, I told you to write those topics on the readins page to help you focus in on those subjects.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

The absence of Ablonczy from the Cabinet is a bit of a surprise. I was also surprised that he didn't appoint a deputy PM. I'm surprised that he gave Stockwell Day any kind of Cabinet position, but it's not a very prominent one. I guess he's trying to maintain his gains in Quebec by appointing a non-elected individual to the Cabinet. It's not too big of surprise that he chopped the numbers of Cabinet ministers down to 27. There were bound to be people who would be upset. It looks like he might be trying to move away from some of the more "ultra-conservative" element within his party by these appointments.

Anonymous said...

hahah your gay

Anonymous said...

jokes