Thursday, January 18, 2007

January 18


In case you haven't heard, you did extremely well on the final exam as a class. The class average for Social 10-1 was 81%. Excellent work! It was a pleasure teaching all of you. I will probably request to teach Social 20 again next year, so there is a distinct possibility that our paths will cross again. I wish you well next year and in all of your future academic endeavours. Social 10-1 was an outstanding class to teach, and it was my privilege to have you as students. It was fun! Please feel free to pop in for a visit next year!



I feel that both Social 20-3 and 20-4 did really well on the Social 20 final exam. The class average for both classes was 76%, which for that final exam is very good! One question gets dropped from the final, because it was repeated, so the test was out of 109. I will be posting marks this morning outside of the classroom, so if you're at school you can see how you did on the final, and what your final mark in Social 20 will be. On that note, I have a couple of things to remind you of, that being if you got 79% as a final mark in Social 20 it gets rounded up to an 80%. Additionally, if got a final mark that is below 50% in Social 20 it gets rounded to the nearest 5 as per department policy. So if you have a final mark of 47% it will appear on your report card as 45%.

I really enjoyed teaching both Social 20-3 and 20-4 this semester. In all likelihood, you will not have me as a your teacher again. Next year I will probably request to teach Social 10 (new curriculum), Social 20 and Social 33. Although, if the opportunity arises I may ask for a Social 30 course, it may all depend on how my Masters degree is coming along at university. At any rate, it was a lot of fun teaching you this semester, we had some laughs (especially with Social 20-4, I was always much more goofy with you guys, I don't know why. Was that a good thing? I don't know.). For some of you I have taught you Social Studies for two years, and it has been great getting to know you. I really look forward to seeing you all graduate from Churchill, and I promise you that your graduation will be the first that I attend because this group of Grade 11 students (all of you) were my first group of students at Churchill and you will always be very special to me. Good luck in the future!

P.S. This is my 400th post

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mr g.
i have no tests today :D ... i still got up early tho.zzzz
anyways i was wondering if i gave you my student id number could you tell me my exam mark?
happy 400th post

Kevin Gilchrist said...

hey mr g.
i have no tests today :D ... i still got up early tho.zzzz
anyways i was wondering if i gave you my student id number could you tell me my exam mark?
happy 400th post

--------------------
Nope. You'll have to come to school to see it, or wait until report card and then it could be a big surprise, just like Christmas Day.

Anonymous said...

Will our marks still be up on the 24th?(it'a when we get our textbooks)

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Will our marks still be up on the 24th?
----------------------
Sure, I can keep them up for awhile.

Anonymous said...

hmm
It sounds like our class didn't get the highest mark out of all the social 20 classes..:(

Kevin Gilchrist said...

hmm
It sounds like our class didn't get the highest mark out of all the social 20 classes..:(

--------------------
Actually, I'm not sure of other teacher's results.

Anonymous said...

whoa, the semester is finally over...

Thanks for being a great teacher Mr.G, hope to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Are the marks for your grade 10 students still up??

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Are the marks for your grade 10 students still up??

---------------
Yes. I'll keep them up for a couple of more days.

Anonymous said...

ok thank you sir gilchrist

Anonymous said...

(lol) Thanks for being an awesome teacher Mr. G.

Whoo!
o.o

Anonymous said...

any chance I can send you an e-mail and you can give me the mark I recieved on the final exam?

Thanks

Anonymous said...

happy 400th post *cheers* o btw im the same rainchild from last year yay!! =)

Anonymous said...

any chance I can send you an e-mail and you can give me the mark I recieved on the final exam?

Thanks
--------------
he said 'no' like 10000 times .....

Anonymous said...

second semester starting tomorrow!
ARGH good luck everyone! :D