Monday, November 24, 2008

November 24

I'm taking the blog public again. I have removed the ability to make comments though. If any of my students have a question please send me an e-mail message. If any teachers out there have a question, you can find my contact information under "View My Complete Profile", I'm usually pretty good at responding to questions and requests.


We finished watching "Globalisation is Good" in class today, while completing the film study that goes along with the film. I will be doing a homework check on this film study tomorrow, so if you have any blank spaces on your film study, please go to Google Video and watch the uploaded video there. I also did a lecture today called "The Impact of Globalization on Environments", which corresponds to Chapter 13 material. I will send this presentation to you tonight.


You wrote your in-class position paper today for Unit 2. Your Unit 2 Dossier Assignment is due tomorrow. Your Unit 2 Final Exam is on Wednesday, it is 75 multiple choice questions. I never sent out a study guide for this test, but here's a basic guide: know all of the key concepts from the Unit 2 Worksheet. Make sure that you review all materials that I gave you or sent to you from the following broad topics: World War I, Paris Peace Conference and the Treaty of Versailles, the Interwar Years, rise of ultranationalism in Germany, Japan, and Italy, World War II, the Holocaust, genocide, and contemporary examples of genocide, decolonization and self-determination (think of the case studies that I emphasized).

No comments: