Tuesday, November 02, 2010

November 2


You wrote your Nazi Germany Quiz today. Then we started our examination of the origins of the Cold War. I gave you a handout entitled "Origins of the Cold War" and gave you some supplementary information to go along with it. I then started a PowerPoint on "The Origins of the Cold War" which I will finish tomorrow. I also gave you a booklet on the timeline of the Cold War events (this will be very useful for studying for your Diploma Exam). I also gave you the Chapter 7 Worksheet. Your Chapter 7 Key Terms and Questions are due in one week's time (November 9th). It's probably a good idea to read Chapter 7 and start chipping away at this assignment because it will take some time and effort to complete it.


We watched a 50 minute video called "Genocide" today. Given the graphic nature of this video, I figured that you had seen enough for today, and gave you the remainder of class time to read "36 Questions About the Holocaust". Tomorrow we'll be looking at excerpts from the Academy Award-winning film "Schindler's List" and then examining what became of the remaining Nazi Party leadership at the Nuremberg trials.

No comments: