Friday, March 02, 2012

March 2

In anticipation of looking at the Korean War next week, I had to talk about the organization of the United Nations today. I will be posting the PowerPoint today on the wiki. Additionally, I will post "The Origins of the Cold War" PowerPoint as well on the wiki. That PowerPoint has additional information on it about the Hungarian Revolution, the Prague Spring and other Cold War topics and techniques. Please remember that when you are introduced to new Cold War events, try to apply the appropriate Cold War terminology that goes along with it. For example, when we talk about what happened in the Berlin Blockade we see the concepts of zones of occupation, spheres of influence, satellite states at play. I will also post my Korean War notes on the wiki, please read them before class on Monday.
We continued watching "The Patriot" in class today, and we should be able to finish this film on Monday and write the quiz that goes along with it then.

No comments: