Wednesday, March 04, 2020

March 4


I did a review of the business cycle and the Keynesian economic responses to the various stages of the boom and bust cycle. I also went into some detail on the New Deal attempts at relief, recovery and reform through the "alphabet agencies". I also went into greater detail on monetary and fiscal policies (pages 70-76) in the Social 30-1 course books.


I did a homework check on the Chapter 5 Key Terms and Questions today. I split into two groups, side proposition and side opposition. We will be having a debate on Friday, on the following topic: BIRT globalization benefits the world's cultures. I also gave you a sheet on debate structure. We are booked into a computer lab tomorrow so each side can build a Google Doc to create arguments and evidence that your side will use during the debate. One week from tomorrow (Thursday, March 12th) you will be writing the Unit 1 position paper. That is one of the reasons why were doing this debate, to learn how to build argumentation and evidence to support your position in a contentious debate.


I lectured briefly today on the Cuban Missile Crisis, and then split you into your three options debate groups for Friday's debate on how the USA should handle the Cuban Missile Crisis. You'll get some class time tomorrow to work in your groups again.


No comments: