Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 20


I gave you back the results of your Unit 2 Written Response Assignment I today. This will appear on your interim report cards that go home tomorrow. I went through the "Democratic Systems" notes today. I gave you another couple of handouts today as well, "Non-Democratic Systems" notes and "Types of Dictatorships" notes. Please make sure that you have read over these notes, highlighted them and made annotations to yourself on them. Your Chapter 5 Questions are due on Friday.


We started a film study of "Where the Spirit Lives" in class today, which we will finish tomorrow. Please remember that your Chapter 9 Key Terms and Questions will be due tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. G,
I cant find any info on the political conditions before the arrival of the Europeans. What should I do?
thanks

Anonymous said...

sorry, I meant to say economic conditions!

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Mr. G,
I cant find any info on the political conditions before the arrival of the Europeans. What should I do?
thanks

sorry, I meant to say economic conditions!

7:35 PM
-------------------------
If you'd tell me what country you're researching I could be a bit more specific, so this will be pretty general. These questions should guide you in the right direction. Prior to the arrival of Europeans, what type of trade did the people engage in? A bartering system? Was there a system of money, or were goods traded for other goods? What types of goods were produced/made? Were the people nomadic, or did they engage in sedentary, subsistence farming? Was there surplus food grown, and possibly traded? What crops were grown?