Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13


We played a review game of Jeopardy today in class. This took the whole period. You have a few days to study for next week's exams, so use the time wisely. The exam schedule for Grade 10 students is really compressed into the first week of the exam period. STUDY! I haven't posted your marks yet, I had to finalize school marks for the 30-1 students, so I'll try to post them in the next day or so outside of my classroom. I will be setting up a discussion forum on the blog here for 10-1 students, so you can post questions that you might have and I'll answer. There are certain rules for posting on the blog, and I'll remind you of them when it comes time to post comments.


You wrote your Comprehensive Final Exam today. I've marked it, and dropped your low test mark from this semester that the Comprehensive Final replaced. I've posted the Final Exam marks outside my door. For most people, the Final Exam pulled up their overall Test and Quiz average by 1-2%. I have also posted your School Awarded Marks. Your School Awarded Mark is your school based mark that you take into the Diploma Exam. Remember, that your school awarded mark makes up 50% of your final score in Social 30-1, with the two parts of the Diploma Exam making up the other 50%. If you want to calculate what mark you need to get on the Diploma Exam to get the mark that you want it is pretty easy math for most of you.

I will be at the school for the next couple of days if you want to come in and see me and ask questions or go over your essays or three source analysis assignments. I will be posting the tutorial schedule as well (these tutorials are on Monday to Wednesday of next week) outside my classroom. On the blog here I will be setting up a discussion forum for 30-1 students, so keep your eyes open for that. You will be able to post questions and I can answer them, so if you can't make it into the school you can always post it online here (I have certain rules for posting on the blog, which I'll remind you of).

Here are a couple of useful links to help prepare you for the Diploma Exam:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diploma question:
Are we allowed to bring a dictionary and thesaurus to the written part of the social diploma?

Social 30-1