Monday, June 07, 2010

June 7


We looked at the Social 30-1 curriculum/program of studies today to see what concepts were emphasized in the document. As I went through the curriculum, I asked you to write down certain key ideas. Here's a link to the Social 30-1 Program of Studies and a link to the Social 30-2 Program of Studies. I have sent you the 10 page study guide that I made up for Social 30-1 and 30-2, so please check your e-mail accounts. I'm also including a link to the Student Guides to Writing the Diploma Exam page on the Alberta Education website. Print off a copy of this guide for yourself. Also, once again, have a look at the Student Writing Samples for 30-1 and for Social 30-2. It should give you a better insight into expectations for Part A of the Diploma Exam. Please remember that your Chapter 12 Key Terms and Questions are due tomorrow, and your Chapter 13-14 Study Guide Questions are due on Wednesday. Your Comprehensive Final Exam is on Thursday, STUDY!!


I gave you back your Unit 3 Essays today. I also gave you feedback with regard to your Unit 2 Collaborative Inquiry Projects. I gave you some time to work on Unit 4 multiple choice questions with a partner. We'll work on Chapter 15 and 16 Questions tomorrow. I will be doing a homework check on Chapter 14-15 and Chapter 16 Key Terms and Questions as well as the "Regional Disparity" PowerPoint presentation. This is the last homework check of the semester.

No comments: