Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23


I went through some comments I had after marking your Mexican-American War Paper 1 assignment this weekend. As I said in class, I'm generally happy with the results of the Paper 1. Keep in mind that you will be writing your actual Paper 1 on Prescribed Subject 1, so the one that you wrote on the Mexican-American War was mainly to help you familiarize yourselves with the format and structure of a Paper 1. I started a PowerPoint lecture on the American Civil War today, I will continue this presentation on Thursday. Please remember that we will be doing TOK Civil War presentations Tuesday and Wednesday. If we don't finish the presentations on Wednesday, we may have a presentation spill over on to Thursday. I will post the new presentation rubric on the wiki and soon as it is finalized.
I started a PowerPoint presentation called "Contending Loyalties" today. I'll finish it off tomorrow. I gave you some time to work on your Chapter 3 Key Terms and Questions today as well. These key terms and questions are due on Wednesday. You'll get some class time tomorrow to work on them. Your Chapter 3-4 Test will be on Thursday, October 3rd, I will be posting the study guide a week in advance of the test.
I continued lecturing today on some basic economic principles. I covered how a command, mixed and market economies answered the basic economic questions, and I introduced the business cycle to you. If you missed today's class, you need to get notes from a classmate. I recommend that you read Chapter 4 tonight. You will receive the Chapter 4 Worksheet this week.

No comments: