Thursday, September 05, 2013

September 5

I went through a PowerPoint lecture called "Introducing Government" which looked at the ideas of Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau. This PowerPoint is up on the Social 30-1 wiki already, so I'll make sure that you all get access to this wiki in tomorrow's class.
You got your Social Studies 20-1 booklets today in class. I'll get the numbers on the booklets from you tomorrow. I started a PowerPoint lecture today called "Nation and Identity" which I'll finish tomorrow. I would start reading Chapter 1 tonight, and maybe start chipping away at the Chapter 1 Key Terms and Questions (which are due on Tuesday, September 10th).
You wrote a quick quiz at the beginning of class. We also talked about the criteria that you used yesterday to determine the most important events that happened over the course of the summer holidays. You'll be getting regular current events quizzes this year again, so you need to add events to the wiki. I did a quick review of American expansionism and the Mexican-American War today. You'll be writing an OPVL on the Mexican-American War tomorrow and a Paper 1 on manifest destiny and the Mexican-American War on Tuesday. After you write the OPVL tomorrow we'll talk about the IA again, and look at how to write the Plan of Investigation.

No comments: