Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October 23

I finished off the lecture on "Ultranationalism in WWII: Germany, Italy and Japan". I then showed you an excerpt from the movie "Pearl Harbor" which does a nice job of recreating the attack on America's Pacific Fleet that was at anchor in Pearl Harbor. Please remember that you have your Chapter 5-6 Test on Monday, October 28th, please see the study guide here (scroll down to find it).
You got the results back for the Market and Mixed Economy Test. On Monday, October 28th you will write your Economic Systems Exam, please see the study guide here. I gave you handouts that covered the last topics in the command economy, so if you missed class today, you need to get those handouts from the folder at the front of my classroom. I also wrote some basic notes on the board that covered the 20th century leaders of the Soviet Union (get these notes from a classmate if you missed today).
I talked briefly about your homework assignment that is due on Friday: Harvard style notes for Chapter 17 (specifically section 17-2 onward) and Chapter 18. I started a PowerPoint lecture called "The Causes of World War I" which I will finish off tomorrow. I also showed you the key parts of the "The Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand" episode from the BBC's "Days that Shook the World" series.

No comments: