Tuesday, February 04, 2014

February 4


We finished off "White Light/Black Rain" today, the film study is due tomorrow. I showed you some video from when I visited Hiroshima when I lived in Japan. I also gave you the "Decision to use the Atomic Bomb" debate booklets. We'll have a four options debate on this topic on Friday, February 7th.

You have some handouts that you need to print off from the IB 20 wiki tonight and read: the 8C's of Historical Analysis, Primary Sources vs. Secondary Sources, and Why Study History? With this last reading (Why Study History?) there are NOT any questions included. Perhaps my memory is failing me, I thought that there were questions included. We'll talk about it in class tomorrow. Don't stress about it. I went through a PowerPoint presentation that was designed to introduce you to history and TOK. I'll post it on the wiki tonight. You have a homework assignment due tomorrow: create a timeline. Please remember that your reflective essay is due on Friday.

We did an activity today where we looked at various definitions of globalization today and tried to classify them as being either a positive, negative or neutral definition. We'll finish off this activity tomorrow. No homework tonight.

No comments: