Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 24


I finished off the PowerPoint lecture "Forging the New Republic", and then we started the PBS documentary on the War of 1812. We'll be able to finish off the documentary tomorrow. Make sure that you read everyday from the War of 1812 booklet in preparation for the four options debate on the War of 1812 that we'll be having on Wednesday. Please remember that you'll be writing a Unit 6 Quiz on Monday that will have a matching section and an OPVL document analysis section.



I lectured a bit today about John Maynard Keynes, Friedrich Hayek, and Milton Friedman. I also taught you about the boom and bust cycle and the Keynesian economic response to the various stages of the boom and bust cycle. Your Chapter 11 Key Terms are due tomorrow.


We finished off the HBO documentary "Reagan" today, and then I began discussing the George H.W. Bush administration. We'll continue with the Bush administration tomorrow. Read my lips: no new taxes!

No comments: