Thursday, September 04, 2014

September 4


I gave you your Social 30-1 study booklets today. I also went through a PowerPoint lecture called "Introducing Government". You can find this presentation on the Social 30-1 wiki under Unit 1. While I went through this lecture you should have taken notes on Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau on the chart in your study booklets. Your Chapter 1 Key Terms and Questions are due on Monday, so I recommended you complete the key terms tonight to cut down on your homework. Your friendly letter of introduction is due tomorrow in class.


I went through a PowerPoint presentation called "An Introduction to IB History". You can find this lecture on the IB 20 wiki under Unit 1 Historiography. You should also print off the following documents from the wiki (make sure that you read and annotate them):
  • 8Cs of Historical Analysis
  • Primary Sources vs. Secondary Sources
  • Why Study History? (An Introduction to History)
Please remember that your reflective essay is due tomorrow.

When we were talking about the assassination of JFK and historical interpretation, I also started talking about how some people think that the Apollo moon landing was a hoax. I said that I'd seen a video on the subject and how the conspiracy theories can be refuted by looking at how difficult it would have been to fake the lunar landing, I'm embedding the video below:


No comments: