Thursday, January 07, 2016

January 7


I talked a little bit about the lead-up to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, and then I showed you an excerpt from the film "Pearl Harbor". I then showed you FDR's speech before Congress on December 9, 1941. That pretty much took the entire period.


I had you select which test you want to wipe out with your Trial Final Exam (you're writing this on Monday). I went through a little bit of the tips from the Social 30-1/30-2 Diploma Exam Study Guide which is in the back of the Social 30-1 blue study booklet. I then broke you into small teams and you worked in your groups to answer questions from the Quest A+ practice exam. You can find the link to the Quest A+ practice exams from our school website. I recommend it for all of your Diploma Exams. I then had you write one multiple choice question of your own as your "exit slip" from the class (you'll see why tomorrow).


You wrote the Part A of the Final Exam today. Don't forget that we are starting the Unit 4 Global Issues Project presentations tomorrow. Most groups have submitted their one page summary to me. If your group hasn't completed this yet, please make sure that you submit it to me tomorrow morning so that I can photocopy a class set for you to hand out to your classmates. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a study guide for the 10-1 Final Exam Part B

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Please check the Social 10-1 wiki. I've posted a detailed study guide on the Final Exam Review page.