Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22


I showed you an A & E Biography of Fidel Castro, and then I showed you a video from the BBC 20th Century History series on the Cuban Missile Crisis called "Mr. Kennedy and Mr. Khrushchev". Next Monday, we'll be re-examining the Cuban Missile Crisis. Please remember that you are writing a Paper 2 on Friday on the origins of the Cold War. We are having TOK presentations on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday this week. We're starting these presentations on Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. I've included a link on the TOK page on the IB 30/35 wiki for the TOK presentation schedule.


We started a film study of "Bend it Like Beckham" today. While you watched the film, you had questions in a film study booklet to complete. We'll continue the film on Wednesday. I did a homework check on your Chapter 4 Key Terms and Questions.


At the beginning of class, I did a homework check on your Chapter 3 Key Terms. Please remember that your Chapter 3 Questions are due tomorrow. I did some review of concepts that I've already taught you, namely the economic-political grid, the principles of individualism and the principles of collectivism. I taught you the following concepts today (if you missed today's class, you need to get the notes from a classmate): basic economic problem facing all societies (scarcity), the basic economic systems (command economy, mixed economy, and market economy), basic economic values, the basic economic questions, the law of supply and demand, and finally the boom and bust cycle.

No comments: