Thursday, February 25, 2016

February 25


We finished off the TOK Presentations today. Please remember that you have your Paper 2 on the origins of the Cold War tomorrow.



We started looking at Keynesian economics today. We revisited the boom and bust cycle, and looked at the Keynesian monetary and fiscal policy responses at the various stages of the cycle, and the rationale behind those actions. We also talked about welfare capitalism and modern liberalism too. We also looked at the start of the Great Depression.



I talked about how to write a WRA I three source analysis assignment today. I gave you a handout on the WRA I assignment, another one on analyzing political cartoons, and a sample WRA I. You'll be writing a Unit 1 WRA I next Thursday, and you'll be able to use the handout and the analyzing political cartoons handout when you're writing the WRA I. You can find some sample WRA I assignments on the Social 10-1 wiki on the Student Writing Samples page. Please remember that you're writing a Chapter 3-4 Test on Wednesday, March 2nd, please see the study guide below.


  • Know the key terms from Chapter 3-4
  • Be able to answer the Questions for Inquiry in Chapters 3-4 (they appear on p.49, p.53, p.58, p.73, p.80)
  • Know relevant case studies from Chapters 3-4: the Francophones, the Aborigines and the Lubicon, as well as other relevant examples related to assimilation, marginalization, accommodation and integration

No comments: