Tuesday, April 26, 2005

April 26

Today I talked about getting serious about studying for exams. You have a little over two months left in the school year, and for some of you, how well you do on your June exams will determine what core academic courses you'll be able to take in high school. I really want to emphasize with you how important it is to review for your exams because ultimately it will be you who will have to write them, not me. I can do only so much to prepare you for these exams, you have to meet me more than half way in preparing for these exams by always studying and reviewing between now and the exams dates. The test dates for your Provincial Achievement Exams are as follows:
  • LA Part "A": Thursday, May 19th
  • Math: Wednesday, June 22nd
  • Science: Thursday, June 23rd
  • LA Part "B": Friday, June 24th
  • Social Studies: Monday, June 27th

For the remainder of the class we talked about Writer's Workshop. You got two handouts from me: "The Chicken Bones Rubric" and "The Writer's Workshop Progress Report". We also talked about potential rewards for meeting due dates. I then gave you about 30 minutes to write.

No comments: