Friday, February 02, 2007

February 2


Today, I tried to make sure that I collected everyone's e-mail address so I can set up the e-mail distribution list. I will probably send you a test message soon, so please respond back to it when you get it. I gave you an idea of "the big picture" by giving you a concept map of the topics that will be covered in Topic A of Social Studies 33. For most of the period we did small group discussions about the impact of politics and government on our daily lives, and decision-making. Again, I would like to thank you all for your participation in this activity, you had some great answers and you were on-task as well. I also assigned a short assignment for you that I would like you to finish for Monday. Please write a letter of introduction in which you write about your personal interests, your hobbies, your family, your friends. If you spend more than 45 minutes on this letter, that's probably too much time. It should be about 3/4 to a page in length. Please have it ready to hand in on Monday at the beginning of class. Have a great weekend!
For most of the period you tried to answer questions from the "Ultimate Canada Quiz". Don't worry if you didn't know the answers to all of the questions, since there were some tough questions in there. I'll finish with the answers in Monday's class. Speaking of Monday's class, please make sure that you bring some pencil crayons, they'll come in handy. Please check your e-mail over the weekend. I'm going to send out a test message, and I would like you to respond back as soon as you get the message. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is completly unrelated to anything but, Mr. G, do you know if there is a SS 20 class in period 2?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

This is completly unrelated to anything but, Mr. G, do you know if there is a SS 20 class in period 2?

----------------------
Yes, I'm sure that there are some Social 20 classes in Period 2.

Anonymous said...

does it matter if our letter about ourselves is hand written or on the computer?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

does it matter if our letter about ourselves is hand written or on the computer?

-------------------
It doesn't matter to me. Whatever works best for you.