Tuesday, February 06, 2007

February 6


I remembered to go over the remaining answers from the "Ultimate Canada Quiz" today. I gave you more class time to work on your two maps of Canada (both of which must be completed for tomorrow). I also reminded you that you have Geography Quiz this Friday. I will post the study guide for this quiz here as well. I would also like to remind you to check your e-mail inboxes for a message called "Regionalism Booklet". Please follow the printing directions included in the e-mail message, print it off, and bring it to class tomorrow.
Here is a helpful map for completing you mapping assignment:



  • Political and Physical Maps of Canada are due tomorrow (Feb. 7th)
  • Canadian Geography Quiz is on Friday, February 9th (please see the study guide below)


  • Know the provincial/territorial capital cities
  • Know the location of major bodies of water
  • Know the location of major lakes and rivers in Canada
  • Be able to locate the major cities in each of the provinces (not just capital cities!)


At the start of today's class we did a small group activity where you have decide what position an individualist or a collectivist would take on an issue. This was very well done. I gave you the remainder of the class period to work on the worksheet that I gave you yesterday called "Ideas About Political Organization", this worksheet, Parts A and B are due tomorrow. Please don't forget about your Individualism and Collectivism Pop Quiz, which is happening sometime this week.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it matter if we color the land in the map blue?

Anonymous said...

Do we need to color the oceans?

Anonymous said...

My questions is that, for the upcoming quiz, could we just study the Map of Canada on the front page?

Anonymous said...

Is the questions that were handed out today due for tomorrow?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Does it matter if we color the land in the map blue?

---------------
You shouldn't color land blue, it's a no-no.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Do we need to color the oceans?

-------------------------
Just color along the coasts.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Is the questions that were handed out today due for tomorrow?

-------------------
Are you in Social 10 or Social 33. If you're in Social 10, the answer is no. If you're in Social 33, then the answer is yes.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

My questions is that, for the upcoming quiz, could we just study the Map of Canada on the front page?

----------------------
What front page?

Anonymous said...

Mr. G.... I just wanted to say thank you for all the help, and support that you gave me last term, and i also wanted to say thank you for putting up with my absurd sence of humor. I will see you around. thanks again
last terms ss10-1

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering, do you have to color the coast for both maps or just for one of them?

Anonymous said...

What if we spend lots of time and effort into our work and we still get a 'lower grade'?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Mr. G.... I just wanted to say thank you for all the help, and support that you gave me last term, and i also wanted to say thank you for putting up with my absurd sence of humor. I will see you around. thanks again
last terms ss10-1

-------------------------
No problem. Thank you for putting up with my sense of humor too.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

I was just wondering, do you have to color the coast for both maps or just for one of them?

-----------------------
It's probably best if you do both maps this way. If you didn't, don't worry.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

What if we spend lots of time and effort into our work and we still get a 'lower grade'?

-----------------------------
Don't worry about it too much. Generally, students do really well on the maps, and in the grand scheme of things, not doing well on these two maps is not going to affect your final overall mark in Social 10 all that much.