Thursday, February 05, 2009

February 5


I collected your answer sheets on "How a Liberal and Conservative Might View the Same Event" at the beginning of class. We then did some class brainstorming on characteristics/techniques of democracies. I also gave you a handout on citizen participation in a democracy and techniques of a democracy. I also gave you the Chapter 3 Questions. Please remember that your Chapter 1-3 Questions are due on Monday.



I went through a presentation today called "The Enlightenment", which I have already sent to you. You will be tested on the Enlightenment thinkers tomorrow, your first quiz in Social 20-1. Please remember that your Chapter 1 Key Terms and Questions are due tomorrow. It's not a bad idea to have a look at yesterday's post for the World Geography Test study guide.


I introduced the political and economic spectrum to you today. The booklet that I gave you on the political spectrum and economic spectrum is valuable, but here are another two resources that may help you understand these concepts further:

I gave you a worksheet on the political spectrum before starting a video called "Forms of Government: What's the Score?" We'll continue with this video tomorrow, since you were still completing the chart.

No comments: