Friday, March 11, 2011

March 11


I went through the Recipe for Success for WRA II Essays. I have sent this handout to you by e-mail, along with an Analyzing Quotes handout, a handout on Rhetorical Analysis, and the essay question sheet for the Unit 1 WRA II. I really recommend that you prepare for the Unit 1 WRA II this weekend by putting together arguments and evidence for the essay. Here are the links to the articles that we read and debated on Monday: "Globalization Benefits the World's Cultures", and "Globalization Harms the World's Cultures". Please check your e-mail as well, because I have sent you links to the Globalization 101 culture brief and a link to the Opposing Viewpoints website which will be helpful in preparing for your essay.


I went through the important pieces of information from the crisis economics article that I gave you on Wednesday. I also gave you some notes on Russian history. I also sent you some notes on Marx, Lenin and Stalin, so make sure that you check your e-mail. I also gave you the Chapter 5 Worksheet. The Chapter 5 Key Terms will be due on Wednesday. Please see the study guide for the Ideological Reaction to Industrialization Test (scroll down to find it), which is on Monday. Please remember that your Chapter 6 Key Terms and Questions will be due on Monday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. G,
I got your email and I went to learnalberta.ca but the username or password that was in your email is not working and it is saying that it is incorrect...I have tried many times and it is not working.Please help.
Thanks

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Try signing in using LA06 as the username and 4105 as the password. Let me know if this works or not.

Anonymous said...

Yes it works!
Thanks

Kevin Gilchrist said...

A potentially useful article:
http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/content/globalization-and-cultural-diversity

Anonymous said...

For this essay, are we only looking at how globalization affects cultural diversity and not other aspects such as the economic development of other countries?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

For this essay, are we only looking at how globalization affects cultural diversity and not other aspects such as the economic development of other countries?

-----------------------------
That's right, it's an essay that focuses on the impact of globalization on culture and collective identity.