Tuesday, March 07, 2006

March 7

I returned your essays today at the beginning of class. I gave you a short list of things NOT to do in a Social Studies essay. I collected your Chapter 4 questions as well today. I have assigned the following for homework for tomorrow from Chapter 17 in Canada: A Nation Unfolding:

  1. Read pages 337-341, pages 349-352, and page 353
  2. You must answer the following questions on page 357: Q1-2, Q9-10
  3. Define the following terms for Chapter 17:
  • CBC
  • CRTC
  • NFB
  • FIRA
  • NEP
  • Massey Commission
  • Canada Council
  • acid rain
  • AutoPact


I gave you some time in class today to work on your map of Napoleonic Europe for most of the class. I then showed a short video from the Turning Points of History series about Napoleon's invasion of Russia. If you need some more help completing this map I will post a map here on the blog that might be helpful. I would also recommend you check out this hyperlink on Napoleon: click here. If you haven't printed off the PDF file that I posted yesterday, please go to yesterday's post and print it off.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

SS 10

Did you send those sheets that you were talking about in class as an e-mail? (refering to Essay Writing whatnots)
... 'Cause I haven't recieved anything...

Anonymous said...

Social 20-4
The link doesn't seem to work for me, it just shows a blank page. And is there a bigger map, its kinda hard to read when you try to make the map bigger.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Social 10: I sent the Social 10 Position Paper Evaluation Criteria to you. I'll have to make photocopies of the other handout, I don't seem to have an electronic copy.

Social 20: I'll try to check into the link that I put up. The map doesn't get any bigger, sorry. There is a bigger map in the textbook.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

I checked into the link. it looks like their server is down.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

It looks like that Napoleon link is working now.

Anonymous said...

For the French Empire, are Tuscany, the Papal States, and the Illyrian Provinces part of the French Empire?

Anonymous said...

ss 20-4 : I almost finish my cross word, but there are 2 questions that i couldn't find (a decree or public order and his expulsion of the Bristish from this port earned Napoleon's initial reputation). Can you please give my some hints for that? (like where is it in the book or its initial letter or something)
please and thank you

Anonymous said...

Edict for the decree one and Toulon for the port one

Anonymous said...

For the map, would we just follow the map inside the text book? For like the one in which you had to color red strips countries subjected to or controlled by Napoleon and blue for countries allied to Napoleon?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Yes. You can also use this map posted here, you'd just have to look at the key carefully.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what 27 across is?
Spanish victory over French army, 1808.

Anonymous said...

Baylen.