Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 22


We finished watching "Dear America: Letters Home From Vietnam" today. I the gave you some handouts on the Korean War, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and the Vietnam War. I also gave you a handout on the arms reduction talks during the Cold War, and a handout on Afghanistan and Vietnam. You were also supposed to make a Cold War concept web during class time.


I gave you a booklet on conflict diamonds and then we started watching the film "Blood Diamond". Please do the reading comprehension sections of this booklet, it will be due on Monday. Also, please check your group blogs, I have posted an assignment there on human rights in Burma. This assignment is due on May 29th. Please remember that you have your Chapter 15-16 Quiz coming up next week, the study guide is here.

If you're interested in reading a bit about the adventures of a friend of mine click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found an interesting site that proves how globalization helps countries in need.

http://freerice.com/index.php

Thought I'd share.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Found an interesting site that proves how globalization helps countries in need.

http://freerice.com/index.php

Thought I'd share.

-------------------
Yeah, I like that one. It's a good test of the old vocabulary.