Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 17


Part A of the Diploma Exam is now behind you. If you want to write some practice Part B Exams, come on in to see me. Please remember that Part B of your Diploma Exam is on June 26th at 9:00-11:30 a.m.in the Main Gym. you're not allowed a dictionary or a thesaurus for this one! Keep studying! You're NOT finished yet!


I have posted your final grades in Social 10-1 in the hall just outside my classroom by ID number. Overall, I'd have to say that you did really well as a class on Part B of the Final Exam (the class average was 76%). Some of you, individually, did really well on the Part B, whereas there were a few failures on the test. If your final grade fell below 50% it was rounded down to 45% as per Social Studies Department policy. If this is the case, you will be required to take Social 20-2 next year. When you pass Social 20-2 you will receive retroactive credits for Social 10-1, in other words, you get 10 credits for passing Social 20-2. If your final grade falls between 50-65%, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you enroll in Social Studies 20-2 next year, you will enjoy greater academic success in the Social 20-2 stream. I would just like to say that I really enjoyed teaching all of you this semester, hopefully, you will have me again down the road in Social 20-1 or Social 30-1 or 30-2. Have a fantastic summer!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for teaching us Mr. G! Awesome semester with you. I hope I have you next year!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gilchrist,
Just wondering, how many multiple choice do we have (approximately) for the 33 diploma MC? I think you've said it before, but I forgot.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Mr. Gilchrist,
Just wondering, how many multiple choice do we have (approximately) for the 33 diploma MC? I think you've said it before, but I forgot.

------------------------------
There are 60 multiple choice questions.