Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23


I went through a quick review of the 19th century political spectrum and the 20th century political spectrum, and then I talked about how classical liberalism and laissez faire capitalism emerged as the dominant political and economic ideology respectively during the Industrial Revolution. As I said in class, the Industrial Revolution has an important time period, as it changed society so profoundly economically, politically and socially that new political ideologies emerged to challenge classical liberalism. I will talk more about this later this week. I also started lecturing on economics today, discussing the problem of scarcity, different economic systems, basic economic values, and the basic economic questions that all economic systems must answer. I also started talking about Keynesian economics (demand-side economics) and the business cycle today. I will re-visit these last themes again tomorrow. Please remember that your Chapter 3 Key Terms and Questions are due tomorrow.


You wrote your Chapter 1-2 Test today in class, which took the entire period to write. Please remember that you will be writing your Unit 1 WRA I three source analysis assignment on Friday, February 27th. This is an in-class writing assignment, and prior to you writing it I will re-teach how to write these assignments. I was able to book us into a computer lab for this WRA I, so you won't have to write it by hand. Please remember that your French Revolution DBA is due on Thursday, February 26th.

No comments: