Tuesday, February 03, 2015

February 3


I did a homework check on your friendly letter today at the beginning of class. Today I went through a PowerPoint lecture called "Introducing Government" which covered the essential questions that all ideologies strive to answer, and the philosophers Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau. As I was delivering this lecture you should have taken notes on Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau, on their view of the nature of human beings, how society should be organized, and the role of citizens. This PowerPoint presentation is on the Social 30-1 wiki, under Unit 1 if you wish to have a hard copy. I gave you a little bit of time to work on your Chapter 1 Key Terms and Questions, which are due on Thursday, February 5th. One week from tomorrow you will write your Chapter 1-2 Test, so I will be posting the study guide tomorrow.


I did a homework check on your friendly letter at the beginning of class today. I started a PowerPoint lecture today called "Nation and Identity", which I will finish tomorrow. I gave you some class time to work on your Chapter 1 Key Terms and Questions which are due on Friday, February 6th. You will write a World Geography Test on Wednesday, February 11th. The study guide for this test goes up on the blog tomorrow.

No comments: