Wednesday, September 23, 2015

September 23


I returned your homework checked Chapter 3 Key Terms and Questions today. I did a brief review of some economics concepts that I've taught to you. I will be building on this tomorrow when I discuss Keynesian economics. I gave you time to work on "Philosophies of Industrialism" today (this is due tomorrow). Your Chapter 4 Key Terms and Questions are due one week from today, on September 30th.


You wrote your quiz on conditions in the North and South prior to the Civil War at the beginning of class. We finished off Episode 2 "A Very Bloody Affair" today, and moved on to Episode 3 "Forever Free". Don't forget that the rough draft of your IA is due on September 30th (one week from today).



We polished off content from Chapters 4 and 5 today when I went through a PowerPoint presentation called "Challenges and Opportunities of Globalization". As I went through this PowerPoint you should have been taking notes. Don't forget that you have your Chapter 3-4 Test on Tuesday, September 29th. We started watching "Bend it Like Beckham" today, and we'll continue watching it tomorrow. As you watched it you should have answered the film study questions.


  • Know the key terms from Chapter 3-4
  • Be able to answer the Questions for Inquiry in Chapters 3-4 (they appear on p.49, p.53, p.58, p.73, p.80)
  • Know relevant case studies from Chapters 3-4: the Francophones, the Aborigines and the Lubicon, as well as other relevant examples related to assimilation, marginalization, accommodation and integration

No comments: