Monday, February 25, 2008

February 25


I went through a presentation to day that covered the Challenges and Opportunities of Globalization. This presentation corresponds to Chapters 4 and 5 in your textbook Perspectives on Globalization. As I went through this lecture, you were to take notes on the presentation on a concept web handout. If you missed today's class, you will need to get these notes from a classmate, I do not send this presentation out. We then started our film study of the film "Bend it Like Beckham". This film covers quite nicely a lot of the key concepts in Chapters 4 and 5. We'll hopefully be able to finish the film in class tomorrow. There are a few students and groups who have no invited me to view their blogs or have no posted to their group blog yet. Please do so in the next few days, I'll remind you of this tomorrow in class. For your first blog post, I will be doing a homework check on it very soon.


  • Chapter 3-4 Quiz is on Thursday, February 28th (matching, short answer format; here is the study guide)
  • Unit 1 Writing Assignment (in-class; analyze and interpret three sources) is on Friday, February 29th


To start today's class I acted like a dictator to introduce our unit on dictatorships. I also gave some handouts on techniques of dictatorships and types of dictatorships. One of these handouts, Activity 3, is due tomorrow. Please don't forget that you have your Democracy Unit Final this Friday, here is the study guide.

No comments: