Monday, October 20, 2008

October 20


We finished watching "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" today. After watching the film you wrote a short quiz on the film, which we marked in class. Most of you did really well on this quiz. I gave you the remainder of class time to study for your Chapter 7 Quiz, which is tomorrow. Here is the study guide. Please remember that your Imperialism Research Project is due on Thursday. I'll try to post the rubrics on the wiki tonight.


We picked up where we left off last week, by examining the motivation behind the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. I showed an excerpt from the film "Pearl Harbor". I then gave you some notes on World War II, and the internment of Japanese-Canadians in WWII. I will be sending you a PowerPoint presentation on the internment in Canada later tonight. I won't be delivering it in class though. We'll be watching a documentary on the internment of Japanese-Canadians tomorrow in class. Your Chapter 6 Key Terms and Questions are due tomorrow. I took in your The Way of Subjects questions and answers today as well. Please study for your Chapter 5-6 Test, which is on Thursday. It will be a tough but fair exam. Here is the study guide.


No comments: