Friday, June 12, 2009

June 12

I hope that the last day of classes went smoothly for all of you. I'm sorry that I couldn't be there for most of the week, but as you know, I was pretty sick. I'm feeling better now, I still have a nasty cough though (I don't have swine flu). Just some reminders for all of you:
  • Social 33 and Social 30 students: you have Part A of your Diploma Exam on Tuesday, June 16th (it will be written in computer labs and classrooms throughout the school, from 9:00-11:30). Bring your student ID cards.
  • Social 20-1 students: Part B of your Final Exam (100 multiple choice questions) will be written on June 16th from 9:00-11:00 in the Main Gym. Make sure you bring your student ID cards.
  • Social 20-1 students, please return your Exploring Nationalism textbooks on the day of the exam.
  • Social 20-1 students: please check your e-mail today, I will be sending you a Jeopardy! review game for Social 20-1 (it's too bad we didn't get a chance to play it in class, but it actually takes a bit of technical skill to pull off those games in class, and I didn't want to stress out the substitute teacher), also I will be including instructions in that e-mail message on how to post questions on the blog-- that's right, I'm allowing comments on the blog prior to your final exam and I will answer your questions--don't worry Social 30 and 33 students I'll do something similar for you prior to your Part B of the Diploma.
  • Social 30 and 33 students Part B of your Diploma Exam is on June 26th,from 9:00-11:30 in the Main Gym.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed teaching all of you this semester. I hope that you learned a lot over the course of the semester, and that maybe you had a few laughs as well. For my Grade 12 students, I hope that you maintain your focus and study for both parts of your final exam, and that you achieve the marks that you want. I will be in the school on Monday to post your school awarded marks (Grade 11 students, I won't be posting your marks until you've finished writing Part B of the Final Exam), or if you want to pop in to ask some questions face to face. For my Grade 11 students, you can come in also on Monday to ask questions, or you can simply post questions on the blog (please see instructions in the upcoming e-mail message). Also, Social 20-1 students, perhaps you will have me again in Social 30-1 next year. I am teaching one section of 30-1 in the first semester and one section in the second semester. I will not be teaching 30-2 next year. It was a pleasure teaching all of you this year!

No comments: