Tuesday, February 02, 2010

February 2


I went through a PowerPoint presentation today called "Introducing Government", which I will be sending to your e-mail accounts. If you gave me a Hotmail e-mail address you will probably need to look for my e-mail message in your junk mail. You will need to set me up as someone that you want to get e-mails from (and you want to get e-mails from me). As I was going through this presentation, you were to take notes and fill out a chart on Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau that covered their view of human nature, how they felt society should be organized and the role of citizens. You should definitely read the Introduction and Chapter 1 of your textbook and complete the Chapter 1 Key Terms for homework tonight. These key terms are from the Unit 1 Worksheet that I gave you in class today. I will also send you some supplementary notes on Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau that will be useful and you should probably read them and print them off and add them to your notes.


I gave you a couple of organizational webs for the course today, one for the entire course and the other for Unit 1. I went through a PowerPoint presentation today called "Nation and Identity". I have sent this presentation to you, so please check your e-mail (check your junk mail if you have a Hotmail account). Your homework assignment is to read Chapter 1 tonight.




When I send you presentations, here is what I recommend that you do: keep an electronic copy of the presentation, preferably in an appropriately named folder. Next you'll need to print it off. I recommend that you print off 4 slides per page. Here's how you do it. Open the presentation up in PowerPoint, then go under File and select Print. Then set things up like the picture below:

No comments: