Friday, June 03, 2011

June 3

We watched a short video from the CBC News in Review series called "Rising Food Prices Threaten Millions". As you watched this video you were to complete the video study guide that went along with it. Please make sure that you read the information in the booklet as well. I also went through a PowerPoint presentation that looked at the "Biofuel Controversy". This lecture centered on the advantages and disadvantages of the development of biofuels such as ethanol in the United States and Brazil. I have sent this PowerPoint to you already. Your Chapter 15-16 Test is on Tuesday, June 7th, and you can find the study guide here. Part A of your Final Exam will be on Wednesday, June 8th. Part A is a WRA I three source analysis assignment that you will have 60 minutes to write.

I went through parts of two different essay outlines today, one on active citizenship and the other centered around individualism vs. collectivism. I have sent these essay outlines to you already. I have also sent you the Social 30-1 Diploma Exam Study Guide and a chart filled with a comparison between the old Social 30 essay prompts and how easy it is to change it into a Social 30-1 text-based source for a WRA II essay. I did a homework check on your Chapter 13 and 14 booklet today as well. Please study for your Social 30-1 Trial Final (it's on Wednesday, June 8th) using the study guide that I have sent to you. Please check yesterday's post for some links to materials that are designed to help review for the Diploma Exam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont see any Burma article in my e-mail, is it the same article that you gave us in class?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Yes, I gave you a hard copy this semester.