Thursday, May 04, 2006

May 4


I gave you a couple of assignments today that are due on Monday. I gave you a map of Europe circa 1914 that you need to color and label. As well I gave you key terms worksheet that covers material from Chapter 13. Don't forget that your chart from Chapter 13 is due tomorrow. I would like you to check out a hyperlink that I have on the blog. It's under Social 20 Links on the right-hand side of the blog, and it's called PBS: The Great War. This is a truly fantastic website, that will definitely help improve your understanding of the First World War.




This map should help you a bit, it's in Italian, but you'll be able to figure it out.



We talked about the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms at the beginning of class, and then I had you write a short opinion piece on a related issue to the Charter. I then distributed the Politics and Government project assignment sheet, and had you break into groups to do some brainstorming for project ideas. I'll give you some time tomorrow to do this as well. Your 2006 Election campaign chart is due tomorrow. You need to check yesterday's post for the hyperlink.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

SS 20-4
Isn't the Dardanelles, and Armenian-Caucasian Front part of the Middle East?

Anonymous said...

SS 20-4
Didn't you say you were going to post something that you wanted us to check out?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Sorry, I forgot to add that hyperlink to the post for SS 20. I'll chnage the post right now.

Anonymous said...

In the section for the final outcome do you just want the outcome on thatfront at the end of 1915

Anonymous said...

SS 20
I'm a little confused about the Middle East section on that chart. Is it about Lawrence of Arabia and the Austrialian cavalry contingent?

Anonymous said...

for the chart assignment for social 10
can we just copy and past it then
print it off?

Anonymous said...

ss10-1
can we just print off the chart

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Social 10 students: Don't just copy and paste the chart and print it off. I want you to select 1-2 points from each of the political party's platforms from each of the issues. It is really useless if you copy and paste it. That's why I want to see you put it into your own words. In other words, don't be lazy, and don't take shortcuts!

Kevin Gilchrist said...

The Middle East section would involve Lawrence of Arabia.

Anonymous said...

but the chart is so long

Anonymous said...

SS 20-4
Will you be going over the chart tomorrow?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

SS 20-4: I can go over the chart tomorrow, just to make sure that everyone's on the same page.

Anonymous said...

social 20-4

Are you going to post the map eventually Mr. Gilchrist?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Ooops! I'll try to find that too!

Anonymous said...

for the unit test for social 10 i have 2 questions
one, do we have to know all/any of the federal, provicial or municipal powers
two do we have to know stuff about the queen, i know we have to know the dudties but stuff like that she was the monarch of the UK, Northern Ireland and etc.?

Anonymous said...

I think the map is in ...French or something..certainly not English