Tuesday, May 09, 2006

May 9


You wrote your Politics and Government Unit Final today. I am available during tutorials tomorrow and Thursday if you want to drop in and have me check over your work for the in-class position paper that is on Thursday. Check yesterday's post for useful links on the essay topic.


I gave you a couple of homework assignments that are due on Thursday. First, I want you to read and take point form notes on the following topics in Chapter 14 of Century of Change, entitled "Total War":

  • Battle of Verdun
  • Battle of the Somme
  • Battle of Jutland
  • Brusilov Offensive
  • Undersea Warfare
  • the Zimmermann telegram

Next, I want you to complete the key terms worksheet that I gave you that covers Chapter 14.

I also gave you an assignment today in which you can work individually or with a partner. The topics vary, but they all cover different aspects of World War I. We will be meeting the classroom first tomorrow and then we will be heading down to the library to do some research.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you going to end us thoes "really good" essays so that we can learn from them, in time for thursdays position paper

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Time might be tight on typing them up. I may just have to photocopy them if I don't have time to type them up (I'm really slow at typing).

Anonymous said...

ok

Anonymous said...

maybe one of us could help you

Kevin Gilchrist said...

I just had the same idea while I was painting my kitchen (I'm in the middle of doing rennovations). If you received a mark of 28 out of 30 or higher on the first in-class position paper, could you type it up and e-mail it to me. THANKS!!

Anonymous said...

are u serious???

Kevin Gilchrist said...

About what? Painting? Or typing?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

If it's typing and you're too busy, that's fine. You'd be helping your classmates out, that's all.

Anonymous said...

whats color of the paint?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

I have no idea.

Anonymous said...

wat does it say on the paint can :P

Anonymous said...

when do you want it typed by?

Anonymous said...

I don't think he's gonna answer my question

Anonymous said...

I'll get the answer tomorrow

Anonymous said...

3:42 AM!!!! WOW!

Anonymous said...

I need another reason for positive, i got transparent and responsive...
i was gonna go for accountable but it kinda overlaps responsive

Anonymous said...

haha the 3:42 AM post was me!! and Mr. Gilchrist hasn't answered my question yet!! When does he want the 28+ essays typed and sent to him by?