You should have already re-familiarized yourselves with the Unit 2 content. Much of the Unit 2 material was already taught to you. This weekend should be spent previewing the Unit 3 material.
Your Chapter 15 Key Terms and Questions were due this week. Your Chapter 15-16 Test is next Thursday (June 2nd), please see the study guide below.
Chapter 15-16 Test Study Guide:
This quiz will follow the typical format: a matching section, a multiple choice section and a short answer section. Please use the following study guide.
Study from your textbook and the following PowerPoint presentations:
- "Quality of Life, Human Rights, and Democratization" (ppt)
- "Impacts of Globalization on Groups in Society" (ppt)
- Chapter 15 Key Terms (from Unit 4 Worksheet)
- Chapter 16 Key Terms (from Unit 4 Worksheet)
- additional key terms from the presentations that correspond to Chapters 15 and 16
- What are human rights?
- What is democratization?
- What is quality of life?
- What is standard of living?
- How are ideas about human rights and democracy related?
- How are globalization, human rights, and democracy related?
- How have ideas about human rights changed over time?
- What is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
- What is the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms?
- In what ways does globalization affect the lives of children and youth?
- In what ways does globalization affect the lives of women?
On Wednesday, June 1st, you're writing your Unit 3 Final Exam, please see the study guide below.
Social 30-1 Unit 3 Final Exam Study Guide:
Your Unit 3 Final Exam will be on Wednesday, June 1st.
Please study the following material: