Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 20


I went through a lecture on the Age of Napoleon today, which covered some content that was in yesterday's A & E Biography. I also covered Napoleon's domestic policy, which is important for Thursday's exam. You can find this PowerPoint on the wiki. In my Period 1 class I didn't get through the whole lecture, whereas with the Period 4 group we finished the bulk of it. Tomorrow, I'll teach you the 19th century political spectrum, and we'll look at Napoleon's invasion of Russia. Please remember that you have your Chapter 1-2 Test on Thursday (please see the study guide below).




This test will be on Thursday, September 22nd. The test has a matching section and ashort answer section.
  • Make sure that you have read both Chapter 1-2 from your textbook Exploring Nationalism
  • Study Chapter 1-2 Key Terms from the Unit 1 Worksheet
  • Study your answers to the questions from the Unit 1 Worksheet for Chapter 1-2
Study the following PowerPoint presentations:
  • "Nation and Identity" (Chapter 1 material + supplementary material)
  • "Shaping Nationalism: The French Revolution" (Chapter 2 material + supplementary material; key terms from the French Revolution and Napoleonic Age Glossary of Key Terms)
  • "The Napoleonic Age" (Chapter 2 material + supplementary material; key terms from the French Revolution and Napoleonic Age Glossary of Key Terms)



I went through a lecture on the American Revolution. I have posted this PowerPoint presentation on the wiki under Independence Movements. I've posted Chapter 4 from "United States and Its People" on the IB 20 wiki. It is recommended that you read this chapter. I also collected your "Seeds of Change" Assignment today.

No comments: