Thursday, September 08, 2016

September 8


I started a PowerPoint lecture today called "Nation and Identity", but I didn't finish it because I wanted to give you time to work on your Chapter 1 Key Terms and Questions (which are due on Tuesday, September 13th). Don't forget that your friendly letter assignment is due tomorrow. All of my students (Social 20-1 and IB 20 students) have the same homework assignment: write me a friendly letter of introduction. Make sure that your friendly letter is in paragraph form too. Please address the letter "Dear Mr. Gilchrist". The letter will probably be about 1 page in length (single-spaced). Please make sure that your letter demonstrates your writing ability and covers some of the following topics:
  • family
  • education plans (this year, and in the future; future career plans)
  • post-high school plans
  • favorite TV shows, movies, music
  • hobbies
  • extracurricular activities
  • sports



I gave you the IB academic integrity contract to take home and have your parents sign. Please hand these booklets back tomorrow. I went through a PowerPoint lecture called "An Introduction to IB History" which you can find on the wiki on the Historiography unit page. I also want you to print off, read, highlight and annotate the following notes from the wiki:


  • Primary Sources vs. Secondary Sources
  • The Eight C's of Historical Investigation
  • Useful Historiographical Terms
I'll be going through the skills that you need to be successful with an OPVCL.

No comments: