Thursday, September 22, 2005

September 22


I delivered a PowerPoint presentation today covering the key events of the French Revolution. I would like to send this presentation out by e-mail once you have all responded to my initial test of the e-mail distribution list. We also reviewed the answers to the Chapter 4 questions that I assigned for homework yesterday. We also started discussing answers to the Chapter 4 "Test" (worksheet) that I handed out. Don't forget to study for your European Geography Test which is tomorrow. Please use the hyperlinks that I posted a couple of days ago to aid in your studying.


We briefly discussed the article "Guarding Alberta's Vault" at the start of class. I had you copy down your latest assignment, a timeline and essay on French-English relations. I have not set a due date for either assignment as of yet. I gave you some class time today to do some background work for the timeline. I will give you more specific requirements and what I will be looking for when I am evaluating this assignment very soon. You will have a homework assignment for the weekend, but it will not include the timeline or essay. Please remember that if you are completing the extra credit assignment to accompany the promotional brochure, it is due on Tuesday, September 27th.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the extra credit website, do we just make the web page at home, and then just give you the link to it so that you can view it?
thanks

Kevin Gilchrist said...

If you decide to do the extra credit website, this is what I will be looking for: obviously a well-designed website that is easy to navigate, good use of layout and design, readability of the text on the webpages (don't have distracting background images), and the use of graphics (please make sure that you give credit for images used). The website should include at least four webpages (all connected through a navigation system), one index page, and one page for each of these topics: demographics, economics, and physical characteristics of the region. I would like you to save the entire website (be sure that you link up the images correctly) to either a diskette or CD-R. Do not upload it to the Internet. All you would hand in to me would be this disk or CD.

Anonymous said...

hi, Mr. Gilchrist. i don't know why i couldn't send you a Email, since i have not recieved one from you yet. my Email address is diu7la@hotmail.com

well, see you later in class. bye